-->

Party Glam


Warning! You may think that this is a lot of makeup because it really is a lot of makeup, lol! This look is for special events or parties and intended for photography. ( As you may know, HD makeup looks good on photos and HD makeup is usually thick.)


Before we start, please don't mind that green top and the orange one as well. I know that they are hideous and not suited for any special event at all!!!

I already did my brows and tucked my hair in rollers. I also already applied moisturizer and an oil free primer.


I don't need much coverage because my skin is fine and I don't get breakouts too often. The only flaw that I really want to get rid of are my dark under eye circles. I don't  drink alcohol that much, I get enough sleep and I've tried tons of eye creams already. Well, that's that, haha! I also have dull skin so I can really use some brightening stuff.

I started with mixing MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC30 and NC40 to get a shade that is close to my skin tone.

Huge difference, right?

Now let's remedy those dark under eyes. I used an orange corrector to cancel out that bluish purple discoloration and applied a layer of concealer because haha, I can't walk around with an orange thing on my face.

Better!!!
I forgot to take a picture with the concealer I used but in case you're wondering, it's the Mary Kay concealer in Beige 2. I am almost out of it but I'm going to use every single drop because I LOVE it so much!

And now! We Bake!


And by baking, I meant putting too much setting powder over the concealer. I used to think that this was just a waste of product because I would just dust the excess off anyway but for the sake of trying out a new trend, I did it and Yeah!!! I am now a firm believer in baking. I also went ahead and highlighted the other areas of my face that I wanted to bring forward: the middle of the forehead, bridge of the nose, you can't see them but I also did the cupid's bow and chin.

Then I blended the product into my skin and regularly set them with a translucent powder.

The next product is such an amazing drugstore find. It's budget friendly but I like how it gives me a subtle contour and highlight.


For blush, I used a shimmery pink color from Mary Kay.


Face done, let's proceed to the eyes. In order to improve the staying power of my eye shadow and prevent creasing, I applied an eye shadow primer and then set it with a white eye shadow which will act as the base color, after that I applied a warm toned brown shadow for my transition to achieve a gradient effect when I apply the crease color later. I only used the bronzing powder of the City Color Contour Effects for my transition shade and a white shadow from the BH Cosmetics 1st Edition 120 Color Palette. the palette is too big so I did not take a picture with it.



To deepen the crease, I applied a darker brown color to the outer V of my eyes and blended it with the other shades. I also applied a shimmery yellow shadow (still from the BH cosmetics palette) onto my lower lid area.

For a darker eye makeup look, I lined my upper and lower waterlines with a pencil liner and then lined my lash line with a gel liner extending far out and created a wing.






To complete the eye makeup, I put on massive lashes, lined my lips with a liner and applied a deep red liquid lipstick.

In case you noticed, yeah, my eyes are uneven. The right one is hooded and the left one is oddly creased, lol. I always take so much time doing my eye makeup to make them look balance as much as possible.


Anyways, until my next blog post! Thank you so much for reading.


Join me on instagram: @theyinyindiaries
Tweet me: @yein2x

Xoxo,
Yinyin