-->

Easy Everyday Eye Makeup


I'm doing another video on a very quick eye makeup look which you can do in under 5 minutes. It's perfect for everyday wear and really takes a little time to do.
This look is something that I often do when I go out. It's very simple, very natural and can be worn in almost any occasion, well except if I'm attending a big event where I'd do a dark smokey eye and put on fuller lashes because you know how I am and I like it a little bit over done, because that's just me. I mean I'd wear falsies everyday the rest of my life if I'd be attending a party everyday, lol.

Another thing is, I do have uneven eyes. So my right eye is hooded and my left eye is kind of normal and I really benefit from monochrome eye shadow looks most of the time because they do not accentuate the unevenness? Is that even a word, lol!? Well yeah, if I'd use a lot of colors then it would really take me a lot of time blending because I want to make sure that both of my eyes look similar as much as possible.

I also prefer to line my waterline with lighter shade liners such as white or beige but  I don't have a beige eye liner with me and white I think, does not look good for everyday wear but really great for parties so I chose to line it with black instead, although I rarely do that because it closes the eye and shrinks it.

A tip for achieving a good eye shadow look is to blend. Blend, blend blend. That gradient effect which you see when one color transitions to another like how the lid color blends with the base or highlight looks really smooth and you don't want to see harsh lines unless of course if you're doing a cut crease or something like that, because harsh lines kind of distort the eye shape. It seems like the eye takes the form of the harshly applied eye shadow, which does look good on some cases but more often does not.

For lashes, if you already know me and have been reading my blog for quite some time, you would know that I prefer fake lashes over mascara because they are easier to put on and take very little time to remove. My favorite pair of falsies for every day wear is the Taiwan Lash in 218 because it has an invisible lash band which is good for natural makeup looks and the design fits my eye shape really well. In this video, I'm still using a good and natural looking pair, I think it's no. 318.

Well anyway, here's the video.



Thank you so much for watching and reading.

join me on instagram: @theyinyindiaries
tweet me: @yein2x
watch me on youtube: Yinyin Diaries

Xoxo,
Yinyin