-->

Bridal Makeup

Bridal makeup to me is something personal. I don't think that there's a standard makeup for everyone although there are similarities of the looks that brides want.

That's why, I believe that a test makeup should be done before the big day to make sure that you look how you want to look on "The Day".

This makeup that I did is my personal reference.

Brows. I rarely do concealer brows because I feel like it's overdone for everyday wear but for events like these, brows should be on fleek, lol.

Eyes. Since I have  slightly uneven eyes, I chose a taupe brown on my lid and then blended it out with  a warm brown as I reached the crease. My eyes don't benefit from light colors a lot because they accentuate my uneven lids and  I don't wanna do a cut crease on a bridal makeup as much as possible.
For falsies, I chose a pair with a natural flutter because it opens the eye.







Face. Here I use my Graftobian palette which looks really good on photos with or without flash. It's 50% pigment which provides a really good base. In terms of foundation, I suggest taking a flash photo during the test makeup session to make sure you won't be having a white cast which makes your face look like it doesn't belong to the rest of your body and then I would also suggest to have yourself color matched so your foundation would have the same color as your neck and the rest of the body  because our face is usually lighter than the rest of our body. I bronzed my face to bring warmth to my pale skin and contoured with a taupe color for that gradient effect. The blush is very subtle because I'm planning to wear a bright lip. For that glowing skin, I applied highlight on my cheeks, nose, cupid's bow and above my chin.

Lips, I'd normally want a more neutral lip, but for events where a lot of pictures are taken, a neutral lip may be washed out by lights  and a pale bride is just not my type so I chose a bright pink shade. I recommend using a lip sealer or a long lasting lippie like the Rimmel Provocalips 16hr wear although I'm just using a regular one because I'll be taking this off as soon as I'm done.

Hair. There are a lot of cute hairstyles for weddings, choose one that compliments your face shape. I didn't really do anything special on my hair on these pictures because I do my looks at around 10 pm when my son is already sleeping and the hairspray might irritate his nose when I come to bed.

with flash

It really pays to have a test makeup, don't be shy to talk to your artist.


Thanks for reading!

Join me on instagram: @theyinyindiaries and twitter: @yein2x.

Xoxo,
Yinyin