-->

How to Effectively Cover Dark Under Eye Circles


Thank God for Orange Correctors!


I remember my first ever attempt to cover my dark under eye circles, (which was during college days when I never got enough sleep because of assignments and exams) it was awful! I applied a layer of concealer but I wasn't satisfied with the coverage so I applied another layer and then another layer and then another which of course resulted to caking which then further resulted to wiping the whole thing off because who wants to walk around with a caked under eye?

After all the years of wearing makeup, I came to realize a lot of things when covering under eye circles:
1. You definitely can't cover eye bags with makeup. If they are puffy, they will be puffy under makeup.

2. Concealer alone won't work. For very dark under eyes, a corrector is needed to , well, correct the discoloration.

3. Never apply too many layers. Some people have a mild case of dark under eyes which can be resolved with a simple concealer. I on other hand, need extra products. But sometimes, no matter how we correct and cover the area, the darkness still peaks through, well, if it's me, I'll just let it be than caking up my under eyes.

4. Set the concealer. Under eyes tend to crease especially when we layer on products, so I always set them right away.

Here's a mini tutorial on how I cover my dark under eyes:


Brow Makeup Only



Foundation. It only lightened the area a bit but the darkness is very obvious



Orange Corrector. I made sure to blend the corrector with a damp blending sponge.



Concealer. Now that my bluish purple under eye is corrected with an orange corrector, I applied my usual concealer and then applied a setting powder.

Still amazes me until now, lol.

Products Used
L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Liquid Foundation in W6
LA Girl Pro Concealer Orange Corrector
Ben Nye Luxury Powder Banana

See you next time!

Join me on instagram: @theyinyindiaries
Tweet me: @yein2x

Xoxo,
Yinyin