-->

Finally, Affordable and Good Quality Brushes in the Philippines


Sometimes it's just so frustrating to not have easy access to good quality brushes. Well, a lot of online shops do have good brands like Sigma, Morphe, Zoeva and others but they are right off the bat expensive.
It's because you have to pay for the product, the international shipping rate and then the national shipping rate from the online shop to you which is making it even more expensive. This has always been the case whenever I purchase brushes for my collection until I discovered Beauty Cosmetics.

Beauty Cosmetics Brushes are not very new to me. The first time I owned them was through a makeup workshop a year ago which was by Miss Noe Mae Villagonzalo also known as colorismyweapon on youtube. Lots of freebies were given including a set of Beauty Cosmetics Brushes.

You know how you gently pull the bristles when shopping for brushes at the drugstore? Yep, I do that every single time. So, I was really happy when I felt the bristles of the Beauty Cosmetics brushes the first time, they were soft and did not shed when I gently pulled them.

A year has passed since  I owned them and they are still in perfect shape to this day. The labels have rubbed off but it doesn't bother me anyway. I washed them  a lot of times with bar soap, liquid soap, body wash and even a liquid disinfectant and never did I notice a single bristle that shed, like really.

They are just so amazing to think that one set of this brand is only an F80 brush from Sigma.


Let's start with the biggest brush from the set. Although this can be used in so many ways,I am currently using this as a powder brush to set my foundation or to quickly touch up when I am on the go.


Next up is this round buffing brush which I use to buff liquid or cream foundation into my skin. The synthetic bristles are just perfect in achieving a flawless finish, which almost looks like I used an airbrush system.


I rarely do cream contouring, but when I do, I always use this angled brush to blend the product below my cheek bones, along the forehead close to my hair line and along my jawline. Again, I am taking advantage of its synthetic bristles as goat hair ones are not ideal for cream and liquid makeup.


I find that whenever I apply my Graftobian cream makeup palette, a foundation brush delivers the best results along with a dense buffing brush.


This concealer brush is way too big compared to most of the concealer brushes that I have in my collection. I personally prefer the smaller ones especially when working on small blemishes that need a little more precision, but this still works fine on larger ones.


I never got to use this one a lot because I prefer using a straight one. I don't know, I just haven't got the hang of using this one.



And last, but not the least... eye brushes. I really do prefer goat hair brushes for eye makeup because they have better color pay off since I use powder eye shadows most of the time, but these ones still work fine although I take a longer time in packing color especially on the lid area because the synthetic bristles don't pick much product up

Those are all the brushes which are included in the set and they also come with a brush holder/bag which is really convenient for when I travel.



What's even better with Beauty Cosmetics aside from affordable and high quality brush sets, is they also sell individual brushes for those people who only want specific brushes to add into their collection.

Recently, I bought some goat hair brushes and two blending sponges.

I have only used the one which they call the Fluffy blending brush to apply setting powder under my eyes.

Blending Brushes are the ones which I am very keen on examining, I always consider the shape and how dense the bristles are because they greatly affect how they blend out makeup.

To those of you who are wondering, I put my Sigma E40 and the BC's fluffy blending brush side by side so that you can compare their shapes and sizes.



And then they also have what they call the Tapered Blending Brush which is smaller than their Fluffy Blending Brush.



As you can already tell, I like to have a lot of blending eye brushes. It's because I find them easy to work with in applying makeup on a lot of areas of the face.

The blending sponges which I failed to include a picture on here are great. I am currently using one of them for blending my under eye concealer and the other for my powder foundation when I don't feel like putting on  a ton of makeup (well, a ton of makeup is relative to me, lol). They are soft and do the job well. (I always use them damp btw.) I have purchased a lot of blending sponges before which I thought can be dupes for the beauty blender but were absolutely not.

So let me get into the fine print:

Bristles
The synthetic ones are just great. I don't have any con in this area. No shedding and super durable. I can assure that since I've had mine since a year ago.
I have not washed the goat hair ones yet because they are new and I only got to use one brush which is the big fluffy blending one. As far as first impressions, I think the bristles feel very similar to my Sigma E40 blending brush but their shapes are not the same and this plays a big role in how they blend the product out, although I still have to use it more to give a more specific blending description.

Packaging
The set comes with a brush pouch which is really great when traveling although I wish the pouch was a little bigger so I can store some of my other brushes like Sigma and Mac ones which are longer and have chubbier handles.

Durability
These brushes have very good quality and that's after a year of use, lol.

Price
Just right, I hope they won't be increasing the prices anytime soon because not a lot of people have the luxury to splurge on makeup tools.

Accessibility
Luckily for Cebuanos, Beauty Csometics brushes are available at Chedelyn Cosmetics inside APM mall, although I still prefer ordering online though. It just saves me from travelling which takes a whole lot of time since APM mall is quite far from where we are staying.

To sum this all up Beauty Cosmetics Brushes are worth every peso.

This is the link to their FB Page just in case you want to try them out. :)

Join me on instagram:
@theyinyindiaries (new insta)
Tweet me:
@yein2x

Xoxo,
Yinyin