-->

Roller Disco (1980s look)


 "Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important. Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off. "
The Karate Kid (1984) 

1980s has got to be the most colorful decade. Women wore bright, heavy makeup and teased their hair to death.
I remembered seeing my mom on a picture during my baptism (yeah, 80s baby here) wearing bright purple makeup.
She confirmed that they used to apply a ton of bright eye shadows and wore colorful clothes when I interviewed her. When she described the 80s, I felt like it was so much fun especially when it comes to music as Michael Jackson and Madonna topped the Billboard charts. She didn't go into a Roller Disco when I asked her though, lol.

MAKEUP

brows
Worked with my usual walnut shade eye brow pencil and brow gel.

shadows
used 3 shades of green starting with the brightest shade on the innermost corner and ending with a blue green shadow on the outer corner making sure that there are no harsh lines

liner
kept the line as closed to the lash line as possible without a wing

lashes
applying falsies just took so long this time because my lash glue exploded when I squeezed it. Uh, the product was all over the place that I had to stop and clean up the mess first before I did the rest of my makeup. I still put on falsies though because I think the shadows are too bright to only have mascara on.

face
I applied extra concealer this time because my dark circles are getting worse. I set my concealer with the ben nye banana powder but it still creased, maybe I put too much concealer on that it caked up. The corrector that I ordered hasn't arrived yet so the need for massive concealer has to be addressed, lol.
I did not contour that much and applied a heavier coral, shimmery blush but I don't know if you can tell though because it's not showing up on the pictures but I really looked like a grease ball in person. Hahaha

lips
I only applied lip liner this time because I do not have this lipstick shade although I promise on the upcoming posts that I'll have a whole lot of different makeup looks when my orders arrive.

hair
This hair involves a whole lot of hairspray and conditioner.

I just read from wikipedia that there was generally an excessive amount of mousse used in styling an indiviual's hair during the 80s and that some mousse even contained glitter. Ahhh... I wish I was around 20s during the 80s.

RIP tresses


I really hope you enjoyed because I will be taking a break from my retro series and do some other looks on the upcoming posts.

PRODUCT LIST
Nichido Eye brow liner in Walnut
Fashion 21 Eye brow gel
Mary Kay concealer in beige 2
88 Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
Anjieer lashes 003
Loreal True match Superbledable liquid Foundation in W6
Ben Nye Luxury Powder Banana (for setting under eye concealer)
Ben Nye Luxury Powder Cameo (for setting foundation)
Mary Kay eye liner
Mary Kay Blush in Shy Blush
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Buxom Mascara in Blackest Black
Ever Bilena Lip liner in Cappuccino

Join me on instagram and twitter
(just click the usernames)
@theyinyindiaries
@yein2x
Xoxo,
Yinyin