-->

Norma Jeane (1950s look)


Nope! That's not a dust particle on your screen, I just can't get her mole right! Lol! I guess it's the hardest part in this makeup look.

Here's another throwback since the last look I recreated from the 1920s.
(If you haven't watched it, click here.)

Norma Jeane Mortensen also known as Marilyn Monroe was a major sex symbol during the 1950s up to the early 60s. She's one of those stars who I heard so much about ever since I was little and I wasn't really very interested in her until high school when we talked about Candle in the Wind by Elton John in one of our subjects, which made me so curious about her life. I became very interested about her life as I am on her makeup, lol!

THE LOOK

brows
Marilyn's brows are a little bit peculiar. I don't think I  can describe them well but I know that they are highly arched so I did raise my brows a little, not too much because it may not suit my face shape.

shadow
Here, I used two shades, a shimmery white for the lid and a matte brown for the crease. I packed the shimmery white shadow with a shader brush all over the lid and applied the matte brown shadow onto the crease and blended it out as I progressed to the brow bone.

liner
I applied my winged eyeliner just like I usually do, nothing really special, lol.

face
Foundation, contour and highlight as usual, and then added a tiny mole which was misplaced.

lips
I put on a bright red lip with a lip brush for more accuracy and then carved out the edges with a concealer.
*I highly recommend using a lip liner when wearing bold lips.





join me on instagram:
@theyinyindiaries

Xoxo,
Yinyin