-->

Flapper Girl (1920s look)


I left my love in Avalon and I sailed away...
1920s is probably one of the boldest times when it comes to makeup.

Women bobbed their hair, loved jazz music and wore excessive makeup.


Eye Makeup


brows
It seems like I'm loving black since I did the previous post. It gives my sparse hair volume that is much needed for this look. Although it doesn't look too dense on pictures , it really adds so much to my sparse brow hairs.

shadow
Primers are a bit too pricey for me so I use petroleum jelly to prime my eyes instead. It does the same job for a cheaper cost.
I started with a peach eye shadow for my transition shade, it may not be seen on the pictures because it's now under the crease shadow.
For the crease, I used a dark coffee color and then a silver, shimmery shadow on the center of the lid.

lashes
I used to not wear falsies because I always thought that they are so over the  top but you know what they say, once you've started using them, you just can't go back, lol.

liner
I love my wing but this time, I chose to not wear it to make my eyes look more rounded and bigger.

Face
Instead of using my usual favorite which is the FS two way cake, I used Naturactor Cover Face in the shade 151, saves me the time for concealer. Although my dark circles still show a little, I kept them a bit visible and did not layer product to stay away from getting my undereyes cakey.

Lips
Flapper Girls were described as women who wear too much makeup so dark red lips were a trend, but I chose an even darker lip to look bolder.

Hair
You know when you've just perfectly done your hair and then the baby cried because he's hungry so you fed him, and while feeding him, he pulled your perfectly done hair, lol, yup, that's what happened with this right side.

The S-shaped trend was so popular in the 1920s which is perfect with the dark makeup.


Product List:
Ever Bilena Original liner in black
Petroleum Jelly
BH cosmetics 88 Color Neutral Palette
Leinasi lashes in A-33
Naturactor in the shade 151
Maybelline Lipstick in Raisin
Mary Kay Blush in Pink Petals
Benefit Hoola Bronzer

How's my new lighting?

Join me on instagram:
@theyinyindiaires



Xoxo,
Yinyin