-->

Postpartum Nails

As tikla as I want to be, growing my fingernails is just not ideal. Especially because I have an infant at the moment and I do all the chores at home. From bathing my baby, feeding him, washing his feeding bottles, washing his baby bum after he poops; name it, I do it. Well, let's go back a little, yes, I wash my baby's bum when he poops,
I wash it under running water, I do not use wet wipes because my pediatrician says washing it with water and soap can lessen the chances of him having rashes, and I'm very proud to say, that my baby does not have any redness at all.


Okay, so, let's go back to growing my fingernails. Can you imagine washing your baby's bum after he poops with long fingernails? Some of the _____ may still be left on the fingernails... uh, nope, thank you.

So I just keep them short and unpolished, just to make sure no dirt is on them or hiding underneath my nail polish if I decide to color them. Although sometimes I paint my nails when I have a party to attend to, maybe an hour before I leave and then remove them as soon as I arrive.

Hence, I diverted all my frustrations to my toe nails. Every time my LO (little one) takes a nap, I take the time to bathe, wash his feeding bottles, sterilize his feeding bottles, fold his baby clothes and if I still got time left, I clean my toe nails and paint them. 

I choose to clean my toe nails myself because of the following reasons:

a.  It saves me money

How much does a pedicure cost in salons now? Roughly 60 to 100 pesos or 200 if you want to get a nail art, 250 for gel nails?

I can buy a lot of nail colors with that amount of money already and I can wear the colors not just once but until the contents of the tubes run out or go bad. (uhm, unemployed here... :)

I don't usually splurge on nail lacquers because they are all the same in my opinion. In terms of it's lasting power, I just make sure that I put on a top coat so I wont chip my nails easily.

Here's a pic of my nail polish colors.









As you can see, most of the brands I have are from Klik, which costs around 15-18 pesos per tube (I buy them from Metro, I never had the time to remove the tags, lol!). I only have one Revlon polish because I can't find this particular shade on cheaper brands. I got it on sale though, so I still don't consider it as a splurge.

b. I get to clean them the way I want to.

You know you constantly look at how your nails are being done while sitting on the salon chair? Well, I'm not sure about you guys but yes, I do that. I just can't not look at how my toenails are being cleaned. I have to make sure that all the areas are taken care of.

c. I don't freak out on who have used the nail tools

How can we be sure? How can I be sure? that the tools used to clean my toes are freshly sterilized. I can't right?

d. I will never intentionally hurt myself !!!

One time when I went to a salon for a hair cut,  I overheard two podiatrists talking about how sometimes they just wanna see blood from clients toes, HORRIFIC?! I know! I am not joking.


I ain't got the prettiest feet, but I can say that in this picture, they are at their best, so bare with me! Hahahahaha








I think that pretty nails are a plus when wearing sandals.  Well, just in my opinion.

I also think that sometimes we need to get  a glimpse of little pretty things to brighten up our day. 

Well, that's just me. <3


xoxo,
Yinyin

No comments: