-->

Foundation Routine



I often switch my foundation routine depending on the weather trying my best not to layer up products and then end up with a cake face
especially on hot days. So if the weather is hot I prefer powders over liquids because of the following reasons:

1. They don't feel heavy.

In my experience, liquid foundations have way better coverage over powder ones and they also last longer, but during summer, I feel like my skin wants to breathe and sweat. And I also think that if my sweat can't come out, I'll get bumps, pimples or acne.

2. No cake face

I put foundation to even out my skin tone and cover some imperfections on my face, the last thing I need is add another one. Plus, powder foundation fades away gracefully in my opinion because it blends on my skin through time and through sweat. Lol!

3. Travel Convenient

Here in the Philippines, hot weather is often associated with beach outings and getaways. And when I pack for travel, liquids are just so messy to deal with.

Before I did my foundation routine today, I started with a clean face and already applied my moisturizer, my eyebrows (a must! hahaha) and a lipbalm.



I'll be posting a skincare routine soon so you can also have an idea on what skincare products I'm loving.


1. Conceal
Mary Kay concealer in beige 2.




This is the only liquid product that I'm using because I haven't discovered a powder concealer that works great on me yet.
Please do let me know on the comments below if you know great ones.




See the difference?


2. Powder Foundation
Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake Foundation in Organza






A lot of pinay beauty gurus have raved about this on youtube so I decided to try it, and guess what?  Add me up to the long list of this foundie's lovers.
It has medium coverage and blends really well on my skin. I guess the trick here is finding your perfect shade. My cousin from australia complemented me on how my foundation really matched my skin and that I look like I'm not wearing any makeup.


I find that using a wet sponge works best.

Mattified!!!


3. Bronze/Contour
Benefit Hoola (the one above)


Lol! I know it doesn't look like it because I just depotted / debooked it from the benefit book that I have - the bronze of champions which looks like this:



Take a closer look: click here
Disclaimer: This is not sponsored. The link is used for reference only.


I use a Mac 116 to contour my cheeks.
Take a closer look: Click here
Disclaimer: This is not sponsored. The link is used for reference only.

non-invasive nose lift! Lol!


I use a sigma E40 to give my nose a bit of dimension. :)
Take a closer look: Click Here
Disclaimer: This is not sponsored. The link is used for reference only.

I really don't contour much. Hehehe.




4. Blush
Mary Kay blush in Pink Petals (the one below)







Yes, I'm hitting pan. Hahaha
I just love this shade so much because it really suits my skintone. It gives me that natural look that I can't get from other blushers that I've tried, and believe me, I think I've tried a ton of them already.
This is my go to blush and together with my depotted hoola bronzer, I store them together in an empty Mary Kay powder container so I can just easily slip it into my makeup kit.


I use a Sigma F40 to apply blush.
Take a closer look: Click Here
Disclaimer: This is not sponsored. The link is used for reference only.



5. Highlight
I never usually wear highlight on a hot weather because the heat will do that for me - So nice of her! Lol!
Anyway, if I decided to put on some highlight, I use Benefit's waddup which also came from the Bronze of Champions makeup book.

Here's a pic.







And so, here's my final look.




I hope you enjoyed loves.


Xoxo,
Yinyin








No comments: