-->

How to: Put Fake Lashes On


This has to be one of the hardest steps in completing a makeup look and like anybody at first, THE STRUGGLE IS REAL YA'LL!!!

So here are some tips and tricks that I picked up as I learned the art of falsies application which I am going to share with you girlies. :)

1. Choose your lashes.

Aside from the appropriate style, I always choose falsies with soft, natural-looking hairs and a flexible lash band. This makes adjusting the placement of the falsies easier. Stiff lashes tend to move a lot and adhere to lids longer since any movement of a part of the lash band causes the movement of the whole thing.

2. Cut your Falsies




We have different eye sizes just like falsies. Some falsies fit me perfectly while others have too long lash bands. So before I put glue on them, I always make sure that they fit like a glove.

Falsies that are longer than your eye shape will fall out easily and will be very uncomfortable.

Note: Use an eyebrow scissors to do this and always make sure the scissors are clean. You don't wanna get an eye infection.

3. Lash Glue Trick


After applying lash glue, wait for a good 30-40 seconds before putting the falsies on. Tacky glue is easier to apply because it adheres better to the lids immediately. Fresh glue when directly applied doesn't adhere as much and tends to move around when the lash band is adjusted which may mess the eye shadow and worse, the liquid eye liner! Nobody wants lash tantrums!!!

4. Leave 2-3 mm.



Applying the start of the lash band directly to the corner of the inner eye makes me feel really uncomfortable. I used to get itchy eyes whenever I do that.

So now, I leave 2-3 mm from my innermost eye corner before I apply my false lashes. This makes wearing falsies more comfortable that I sometimes even forget that I'm wearing  pair. (not joking)

Sorry for the illustration, lol!!! That drawing is baaaaaaaaaad! (Yes, I made that myself, so please be kind.)

5. Check if you need to wear an eyeliner.



When I wear falsies with opaque lash bands, I make sure to apply eyeliner before putting them on. I wanna make sure that I get an even black line on my lash line.

If I wanna skip the eyeliner though, I choose a pair with transparent lash bands.

6. Apply Mascara



Apply Mascara to the lower lashes to make the look more even or you can apply thin and short falsies to your lower lash lines.

7. Start at the Middle

I always start applying the center of the lash (not the center of the eye since I always leave 2-3 mm from the eye corner) so I can adjust it to do the outer corner then the inner corner last.






8. Curl your Lashes



Curl your lashes with your falsies so they blend together.

9. Do what's easy for you.


I personally use a tweezer when I put my falsies on but some girls do it with their fingers. So do what you wanna do. :)

10. Practice really does make perfect.

I did not wake up one day and bam !!! I can apply falsies on within 1 minute!

I had to go over lash tantrums and go out with just mascara on because I can't get my falsies right.
But eventually with these tips, I found my way on applying them more easily.

I hope you enjoyed and learned something for this post.

Thanks for reading!

join me on instagram: @theyinyindiaries
tweet me: @yein2x

Xoxo,
Yinyin