-->

Easy Ways to Style Short Hair: NO HEAT!!!




You have been planning to chop those tresses for the longest time, but you just can't because of the hassle that short hair might bring you when it comes to styling.


It is just too easy to tie your hair up in a pony tail on bad hair days but short hair would require a curling iron, flat iron or at least a blow drier.

Well, I'm here to show you some styling tips to help you decide.

Not everybody is born with healthy, smooth and shiny hair. I for one have dry, thick and ugly hair. I used to go to a salon to have my hair rebonded and get that pin straight hair before saying goodbye to long hair, but nowadays, I'm loving big waves so I skipped salon rebonding for almost a year now..

FIRST THINGS FIRST: SAY GOODBYE TO FLY AWAYS

All you need are velcro rollers, some are thermal which can be heated but I don't want to subject my hair to heat everyday so I use them on their own.


Apply the rollers to damp hair, I actually find that it comes out better if the strands are almost dry. Let them stay for 30 minutes while you do other things like eating breakfast or doing your makeup,
Remove one roller and check if that section of hair is ready, if it is, remove all the rollers and brush your hair accordingly, then you are good to go.



If you got more time, you may check other styling tips below.



Bouffant Half Up
This always reminds me of Beyonce in the Single ladies video and so I often associate this half up hairstyle with FIERCE.
I only did a cute and simple bouffant but if you're going to a party, you can gather more here on top, tease a little more and apply hairspray like it's the 60s.


Side Swept
I often see a lot of celebrities on the red carpet with this hairstyle paired with long, loose curls which gives it a more sophisticated and sweeter vibe.




Aside from using a hair clip or a bobby pin, you can modify this look by doing a messy braid on one side secured with a hair elastic as shown on the picture below.






Clipped Bangs
Although not the exact, defined and curled side bangs, I still feel like I'm in the 30s with this hair.



And finally you can clip both sides. (This look doesn't have a name. If I happen to just not know it, let me know on the comments below, lol!)



join me on instagram:
@theyinyindiaries

Xoxo,
Yinyin