-->

Ascof Forte Review


Ascof Forte just blew my mind. There, I said it.


Last Sunday, June 7, 2015 was a long day for me. I think I stressed myself too much to the point of getting sick.

I didn't get a good sleep that night because I was coughing the whole friggin' time! My throat was insanely itchy and I would feel great relief whenever I cough, so I forced myself to cough out the itchiness every single time it starts.

The coughing continued the next day. It was dry , annoying and exhausting. My stomach even started to cramp because of all the forceful coughs I made just to get rid of the itch. I drank a lot of water enough to bloat me to ease it but it was not really much of help. I still coughed almost every 5 minutes.

I was very worried of infecting Adriel because we're together 24/7. Even though I wash my hands regularly, I was still not confident being around him. He's still recovering from his cleft lip repair and catching a cough won't do him any good. 

I sent my boyfriend a message to buy me a cough medicine. He mentioned one which was a capsule but I told him to buy Ascof instead because the capsule didn't really help me the previous times. 

My boyfriend got home at around 10 pm. I hurriedly asked him for the cough remedy thinking that it might help me get a better sleep. This was the first time I took Ascof. The adult dosage was 5 ml to be taken 3-4 times a day. I took 5 mL and then went straight to sleep. Contrary to the night before, I got a better rest. 

I woke up at around 6 pm the next day. I had not really noticed a difference except for the sleep. So, I took Ascof again and then another one at around 12 noon. After lunch, I noticed a big relief in my chest area and my cough episodes are not as frequent compared to the day before. I honestly felt a whole lot better. I took the 3rd dose at around 5 pm and the last one at 10 pm. I guess I coughed around 3 times that night.

When I woke up today, I am not coughing anymore. My chest feels clear and not congested, my throat does not itch and I feel perfectly well.

Ascof is just amazingly super effective for me. HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

PRICE
A 120 mL bottle costs around 280 - 300 pesos depending on the store which you buy it from. The dosage for adults is 5 mL to be taken 3-4 times a day which may last up to 6 days if taken 4 times a day. I guess the quantity is pretty decent for its price. This is a good deal for me considering that it was very effective when I tried it.

PACKAGING
Like most common cough syrups, it comes in dark-colored bottle and also comes with a callibrated medicine cup.

TASTE
It tasted like menthol which is really nice for someone whose throat is very itchy. I didn't feel like throwing up the first time I tried it.


FORMULATION (on the box)
Each 5 mL (teaspoonful) of syrup contains the extract from Vitex negundo L. (Dried Lagundi Leaves) - 600mg

INDICATIONS (on the box)
For the relief of mild to moderate cough due to common colds and flu.

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS (on the box)
Adults: 5 mL 3 to 4 times a day. Dose may be increased as needed.
Children: (13-18 years old) 5mL 3 times a day.
Or as prescribed by the physician.

CONTRAINDICATIONS (on the box)
There are no known contraindications. - Great! Right?


PRECAUTION (on the box)
Patients with allergy to flavors such as menthol. Safety among pregnant and lactating women has not been studied.

SIDE EFFECTS (on the box)
None were reported in the clinical trials for the syrup.

STOARAGE (on the box)
Store at temperature not exceeding 30' C

Overall, I highly recommend this cough remedy for those who are looking for a quick fix. It is derived from the extract of Lagundi so I guess it does less harm to the body if it does, compared to the chemically formulated ones.

Disclaimer: What worked for me, may not work for you.
                    This post is not sponsored.


Xoxo,
Yinyin